Wednesday, April 7, 2010

World Health Day 2010

Did you know today (April 7th) is World Health Day? Me neither!

The husband, we'll call him Bubba, (that's actually what I call him) and I ventured into Whole Foods last night. This was the first time we had actually been in the store, if you can call it a store. Looked more like a bunch of mini restaurants amongst a few isles of food to me. We weren't looking for anything in particular, I just wanted to walk around after a filling meal at Pei Wei. While we were in the homeopathic remedy isle, I had a brilliant idea for a blog!

I have been needing to start a real "diet." I've tried lots of diets before, but I usually give up within a few weeks. You see, I am an EXTREMELY picky eater! A lot of foods make me gag, and fruits and vegetables? Forget about it! My dad and I call it a texture thing. Bubba calls it a Super Palate. I think it's mostly psychological, but any way you put it, I am PICKY!

So, back to Whole Foods. I thought to myself, "self", what if you started a blog where you wrote about getting healthy and eating organically. Then today I see that it's World Health Day. Is someone trying telling me something?

So what I have decided to do? I am going write about what I am doing to make myself healthier, but not only in my eating habits, but in my day to day life. Everyone always says that losing weight and becoming healthy is a lifestyle change, so that is what I intend to do. I am not sure if everyone inthe house will be on board with everything, and I can guarantee some struggles, but something has GOT to give!

As I write this I am eating Reese's Pieces. I better enjoy them while it lasts, cause the journey starts NOW!

4 comments:

  1. Way to go Lacy! You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good idea - just don't call it a diet cause diets are not fun

    ReplyDelete
  3. What happened to my first comment? diets are not fun so call it something else!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! I can stalk your blog now:) You can do it:)

    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete