Friday, April 9, 2010

Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution



If you have not seen this show yet, you need to!  I started watching this show with my parents last week, mainly because nothing else was on, but now I'm hooked!  Jamie Oliver, or as I like to refer to him, The Naked Chef has brought his successful program of "Food Revolution" to America.  Basically, he wants to change the way our schools are feeding kids, and to educate Americans about cooking and eating healthier.  Something we could all use a little help with.  

His message seems simple enough, yet why is it so difficult for our society to change?  He set up shop in West Virginia, so maybe a road trip is in the future... 

I have heard good things about his book "Jamie's Food Revolution" so maybe I'll try to find it at the library or go sit at Barnes and Noble and read over it.

But really, the show is great, and kind of inspiring.  You should check it out!  It's on Fridays @ 9pm (ET) on abc.  Here's a link to the trailer: Jamie's Food Revolution

If you've seen the show, let me know what you think!  Oh and I desperately need to go to the grocery store and I'm thinking I might take the plunge and shop at Whole Foods.  My goal is to stay under budget and still get out of the store in less than 2 hours?  Can it be done?  You'll have to check back later to find out!

Until then... (enter cool catch phrase that I haven't come up with yet here)

ps.  how many times can I say Revolution in one post?  First one to comment gets a prize! 

1 comment:

  1. A friend of mine was just telling me about that show. It sounds pretty interesting. I'll try to catch it sometime.

    Dawn

    ReplyDelete