Saturday, April 10, 2010

Date Night ~ Part 1

The plan was to go to Whole Foods alone while Bubba worked, but he ended up having the day off, so I convinced him to come with me. Bubba doesn't usually like to go shopping with me, especially when I don't have a list and I'm just “browsing.” So off we went, no clue what we were looking for, just wanting to try out some new things.


We wandered the store for a little while just looking at all the different options. Since it was a Saturday, they had different samples out and even a live band playing by the seafood section! Jesse was inspired by a sample of red pepper jelly from West Virginia, so we set out to get our Date night menu.

After we had done most of the shopping, we knew that we wanted to check out the wine bar upstairs, so we decided to check out before we got any perishable items. We had a great check out guy! Shout out to Adam! We headed upstairs to a small room and found what I like to think of as an adult’s Chuck-E-Cheese. We put money on our card (much more than we actually needed) and tried out a few wines. We immediately fell in love at first pour. The wine was from Austria and a grape that Bubba and I had never heard of, called Zweigelt. That’s not saying much about me, but Bubba knows his wines. I’ll have to have him post something about this wine soon, it’s amazing!


So after a few different tastings we decided to get the Austrian wine and head back downstairs for round 2 of groceries! We got our perishables and finally left. So, remember the goal of 2 hours and under budget? We definitely missed the mark of 2 hours, but if you don’t include the wine adventure, we definitely came in under budget! Really the prices are not that bad for the quality that you are getting. Sure you can get cheaper stuff at the local grocery, but I want to make every calorie that I put in my body count!



Don't miss part 2 of our Date Night adventure! I'll be showing you what we made and even what I tried for the first time! You won't want to miss the video!

2 comments:

  1. This is awesome Lacy! Sounds like lots of fun - good job Lacy and Bubba! Can't wait to hear about date night. Mama Michele

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited to see what you make!

    ReplyDelete