Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Identity Theft

I don't know about the other moms out there, but sometimes I feel like I have completely lost my identity.  Between all the cooking, cleaning, laundry, disney channel (ok, I've always loved the disney channel) and peek-a-boo, I rarely get a moment to myself.  Now don't get me wrong, I love my little girl, and I wouldn't change that part of my life for the world, but sometimes I would like to get back to the person I was pre-baby, maybe even pre-marriage!

Lately I've been contemplating what I really enjoy, outside of Charlotte, and I've realized that there is a lot that I like.  I've always been a make-up junkie, but working at home 4 days a week means I don't have to practice my awesome make-up skills, and Charlotte really doesn't care if I have eyeliner on or not.  In fact, I would suspect that she wouldn't recognize me with a full face of makeup on!  I've never been big on hair, I probably wear my hair "up" 360 days a year, but I let my natural hair color grow in while I was pregnant.  Who knew I had such DARK hair!

Then there's my house...  it's been over run with toys, and ordinary objects used as toys.  I love reading blogs about home design and HGTV is in the top 10 of my favorite channels.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I want to get back to me!  I want to explore all the things that I once loved, and even introduce these things to Charlotte.  Don't worry, no make-up for her until she's at least 3!  I want this blog to be an expression of me, of who I want to be. So I hope you will join me on this journey!  Join me in the smiles and tears (does clothes shopping make anyone else cry), success and failure, and just good plain girly fun!

First step...  back to blonde-ish!


No comments:

Post a Comment